From the moment your child takes his or her first breath to the painstaking day you send him or her off to a university, you’ll be tasked with making a number of critical, oft-challenging decisions along the way, one of which is the integral choice between nursery enrolment and homecare.
So, if you happen to be an expat looking for a reputable British nursery in Dubai, feel free to use this brief exposé as the ultimate beginner’s guide to choosing a fantastic institution for your child.
Step One – Choose a Robust Facility
Although the human element is indescribably important, we’ll get to that a little bit later.
For now, you’ll want to place your focus on scrutinising each facility’s onsite amenities and furnishings, paying close attention to the following aspects:
- Inclusive library with a vast array of texts, novels, and children’s books.
- IT corner to allow for daily computer sessions and technological lessons.
- Comprehensive foundation classrooms to allow for traditionalistic instruction and presentations.
- Indoor climbing wall and soft play room.
- Wide selection of age-based playgrounds, replete with colourful features and a welcoming aura.
- Riding track, which allows the children to practice cycling, work on their motor skills, and engage in various guided activities throughout the day.
- Gardening area for extensive nature-based lessons and instruction.
- Sand play area brimming with alternative toys, implements, and jungle gyms.
- Miniature swimming pool and safe water play areas.
As you sift through this information, make sure your favourite institutions are able to distinguish between babies, toddlers, nursery students, and foundational students, for each age group comes with its own unique set of needs.
Step Two – Look at the MBC Awards History
The Mother, Baby, and Child Awards are held on an annual basis to acknowledge the tremendous commitment of today’s top-rated nurseries and educational establishments, which is why so many caring parents turn to the MBC Awards as a way to vet, scrutinise, and evaluate various children’s facilities around Dubai.
As such, it’s in your best interests to make sure your institution of choice has been honoured by the MBC Awards at some point during the past three years.
Step Three – Assess the Sample Curriculum
The most distinguished nurseries in Dubai tend to proudly showcase their internal processes online, which is why it’s so important to take the time to gauge and appraise each facility’s standardised programme. In this regard, you should be able to find the following information via each institution’s “curriculum” tab:
- Sample foundation schedule (with an hour-by-hour breakdown of student activities)
- Primary focus areas and all-encompassing framework
- Nursery timings and academic calendar
- Special education provisions
- Registration forms and fee structure
- Revolving assortment of summer camps, family events, and concerts.
Simply stated, you shouldn’t have to schedule an in-person visit just to ascertain these salient details; the information should be universally accessible as well as easy to sift through.
Step Four – Ensure a Personalised Schedule and Lucrative Discounts
Next, you’ll want to make sure your institution of choice can provide a customisable, tailor-made schedule that suits both you and your child:
- 5-day, 3-day, and 2-day allotments
- Morning club
- Afternoon club
- Full-day option
- Day camps with child care hours available up to 5:30 PM
Last but not least, you’ll want to partner with an institution that can ease the financial strain associated with enrolling your child in a top-notch facility:
- 5% discount to UAE nationals
- 5% discount for one-year enrolments done in advance
- 10% sibling discount for all additional enrolments